PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B747-200F upper deck seating
View Single Post
Old 24th Oct 2010, 05:43
Anilv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lcag B74f

Lufthansa Cargo 74Fs had 3 economy class seat just behind the toilet. There was no window but the seat next to the wall had limited legroom. The other two seats had more as the toilet wall had an 'angle'. There was a small galley just behind the access ladder and the rearmost area was taken up by 4 bunks. Most times you didn't have to sit there as they would usually offer you an observers seat in the cockpit area, unless there were deadheading crew onboard..in which case they got the best seats.

I used to prefer travelling on the freighters from FRA-KUL instead of the pax aircraft as you didn't have to go through the 'standby crap' at the gates, waiting for your number to be called, instead you had to take a shuttle bus from the terminal to the cargo center and report to the Supervisors office. Someone from security would hand-search your bags and you would be driven through an airside gate to the aircraft. There would be somebody from the BGS (border police) at the aircraft who would glance at your passport and that was it.

Incidently, I was on a flight out of FRA just after 9/11...the guy driving me to the airplane had a tough time finding the airplane, the usual parking plan had been thrown out of the window by the parked aircraft and the one I was supposed to be on was parked out of sight behind some huge fuel(?) tanks. I was in the terminal earlier on and the lines at the security checks stretched all the way past the check-in counter almost to the escalator going to the arrival levels.

I was working with a ground handling company in Singapore which handled FT in the late eighties...I can remember the black-vinyl covered seats in those aircrafts! Didn't like the DC10s whioch came later after the Fedex buyout.

Anil