PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 19:21
DFM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is madness

IRaven,

Thanks for the steer pal, I read the defence plan for 2010-14 and take what you said as an update, so thank you. Out of interest, where does it state these are the new Military Tasks?

However, I stand by my previous with respect to MT 09 aims and objectives as it pertains to the MR Nimrod (past and present). However, if you prefer to talk about the latest stated objectives that you post, I will concede that the MRA4 will now fulfil 100% of them and not the approx 75% of the MR2. Furthermore, the MRA4, while not the finished article, does work, is as safe as any new aircraft can be and would be interoperable because we have professional aircrew who will ensure this is the case. Lets not also forget the MRA4 has already been paid for at great expense (don't know the cost of 9 P-8s but guess they are not free) and if you knew about the current significant issues with the P8, had spent anytime in the UK MPA community and realised the true consequences of the SDSR solution, then I would be alarmed if you held your stated viewpoint.....but I could be missing something.

DFM