PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 14:00
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I fail to see how the present CAS, ACAS and AOC can stay on in their posts.

Obviously I wasn't at KSS, but if what Mad Mark and others are clearly saying is true, then those resposible for fighting the RAF and Nimrod cause must stand up and be counted, for the following prime reason

If, as has been stated here, the CAS did have a face-to-face meeting with the PM and others and argued the case for Nimrod in the manner he claims he did and he was ignored, then clearly his position as head of the RAF counts for nothing, and he should go public and quit. He should stand up and say 'my position as CAS has been ignored and undermined by this government and I can no longer stay in the post'

Now, if he (or any of the VSO's) did that, then they would be hailed as heroes. People would have sympathy for them and their cause and would have huge respect for them. However, what have we seen or heard from any RAF VSO's?? NOTHING WHATSOEVER

Which leads me to believe frankly, that the argument was not faught in the way as described by CAS and IMHO CAS simply 'traded off' the Nimrod against the probable threat from the Gov't of losing a whole bunch of Typhoons.

iRaven
I'm not sure if you have a military background or whether you are even involved in aviation, but your comments are somewhat rude, offensive and crass. I don't give a toss about what you think most airline pilots think. I'm telling you what I THINK and what I FELT when travelling back to the UK. Do you think for one second that LRSAR cover in say northern Russia, Siberia, mid Pacific or indeed most other hostile areas is anything like the LRSAR cover that USED to be provided by UK forces? The answer (if you're stuck) is NO. It is acknowledged that UK SAR covewr was second to none and the primary platform for that was Nimrod. Try to take a look back in history and you will see for yourself the huge contribution this single aircraft alone has provided and the huge numbers of people who are safe and well as a direct result of Nimrod.

Winco