PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2002, 16:47
JohnBarrySmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBS>Regarding the previous private email in which the anonymous author told me that those in PPRuNe Central were upset at my posting and then he gave me several ways to placate them by altering my posts: It was a ruse and I fell for it. I am so gullible, so naive, so trusting. It’s one reason why I always go to the evidence source for the best evidence. I fell for the cheat and acted on it. What a fool I was. Human nature was never my best understanding. Why do people lie?

I did report my previous post (the one that was deemed so disappointing) to the moderator and here was his/her prompt reply:

X-From_: [email protected] Fri Aug 16 09:39:42 2002
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-Originating-IP: 213.122.71.5
X-URL: http://mail2web.com/
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Reported post from PPRuNe Forums
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 12:39:40 -0400

Someone is playing you along Barry,

Absolutely no-one from the Towers has written to you. We don't want you to stop writing and we are entirely happy for the aviation professionals on this site to consider and judge your thoughts and theories for themselves.

Some may want to write you off as a whacko but you at least you do it with considerably more dignity than a proportion of your critics.

Regards from the Towers
PPRuNe admin

JBS>My reply to Towers:

Dear Towers,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I shall continue to post and will try to do it with dignity. My only explanation for my subtle flames is that people like me who (think) know they have discovered a great truth that is contrary to conventional wisdom are not charmers and are often anti authoritarian.

The false authorities are insecure and respond to style, often obsequious, and are not to be trusted. True authority always goes for the facts and asks for confirmation if in doubt and does not care about the demeanor of the fact giver. You have shown yourself to be the confident authority, the secure authority, and the true one by being open, fair, and forthright.

ob•se•qui•ous \eb-"se-kwe-es\ adj : humbly or excessively attentive (as to a person in authority) : fawning, sycophantic syn menial, servile, slavish, subservient ó ob•se•qui•ous•ly adv ó ob•se•qui•ous•ness n

PPRuNe has shown itself to be invaluable by obtaining and disseminating crucial information in aviation safety not generally available to the uncaring public. I just hope I get the pictures of the bottom of that aft cargo door of China Airlines Flight 611.

Cheers,
Barry

JBS>Regarding the existing photo of the bottom half of the aft cargo door for China Airlines Flight 611:

I did indeed email Mr. Yong a few days ago for a picture but he has not yet replied and may not ever.

I then asked HotDog for a copy of the picture. He told me to email Mr. Yong. Thank you HotDog for your advice and it had already been taken. You are so kind to take the time to give me some advice.

I now ask that the photo be posted in this forum for all to see. The key part for examination for the bottom part of the split door is to see if there is unpeeled skin from the aft midspan latch or outward petal shaped ruptures around the midspan latches which is the pattern for the other four 747 events of ruptured open cargo doors.The manual locking handle and midspan pins, cams, and latches may be missing as well as entire middle part of door. If so, that is a good clue that door ruptured open in flight and the parts are out there very early in the debris field. I'd like to know how far apart the top and bottom pieces of that aft cargo door were found in the ocean.

I had previously sent Mr. Yong China Airlines Flight 611 Door Story which is full of pictures of normal and ruptured open cargo doors on Boeing 747s with analysis. (At corazon.com)

He replied:

Hello John,

Thank you very much of your opinion and analysis re. the probable causes of
the CI611 accident. At this time, we are still trying as hard as possible
to recover as many pieces of the wreckages, especially section 46.

Your letter and attached file are most informative and greatly appreciated.

Kay Yong
Managing Director and IIC of CI611 Investigation
Aviation Safety Council, Taiwan

JBS> Well, at least he did not go the ‘Whacko’ point of view with me. He was probably looking at the top part of that 611 cargo door and seeing in my material the matches to other ruptured open cargo doors in flight that had the same torn shapes and missing pressure relief doors.

His email gave me great hope for these reasons:
1. He is not arrogant and aloof from public input.
2. He actuallly glanced or read the submitted material.
3. He is open minded and has not yet declared the probable cause.
4. He is polite.
5. His english is good while my Chinese is lower than poor.
6. He is internet literate.

Hope springs eternal for a fair, open, objective aircraft accident investigation, that rare political event nowadays.

Two replies from 'authority' and both were polite and encouraging. Hmmmmm......

Cheers,
Barry

HotDog>JBS=SOG

I do not know what "SOG" means and mentioned it to a friend of mine who is familiar with the forum personalities. He told me it was probably a misspelling of "SOB", an acronym I am familiar with.