PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK helicopter schools (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 12:56
BK77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intensive PPL(H) in UK?

Hi guys, I'm new on here, so sorry if this is in the wrong place! I'm thinking of taking the plunge into commercial rotary-wing flying, but I'm looking to get my PPL(H) first. I posted this here rather than the wannabes section as it's not really concerning proffessional training.

I've decided I want to get my PPL(H), and have seen some "intensive" courses advertised over in the USA, which incorporate all the practical and ground school elements of PPL(H) training and allow you to achieve the qualification in under a month (some are quoting 21 days). I wondered if there was anything like that over here in the UK that anyone was aware of, as I've been trawling through flight school websites for days and haven't found anything.

I'm based near Newcastle, but would be willing to travel anywhere in the UK. I've been for a trial lesson at my local FTO (Northumbria Helicopters) and while I liked the look and of the place and the instructors, they seemed used to training people over a period of months up to a full year for a PPL(H), and not the more intensive route I was looking at.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!