PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 12:49
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
GG:
Since they are going into storage, presumably in an airworthy state
I understand that RTS has been withheld on safety grounds. Am I wrong? If not then I cannot see how you arrive at your presumption. Generations of incompetent, self serving and myopic VSO's have reduced the RAF to the parlous state we find it in now. All they had to do was to do their job, ie to ensure that the RAF be equipped with airworthy and capable aircraft. They have failed their service and their country totally and should be investigated, not least for having allegedly issued illegal orders in doing so. Now they have cost us all the loss of not only yet another aircraft fleet, but an entire capability essential to the security of a maritime nation. If they had any honour they would resign and/or hand back their honours, which they have dishonoured. They haven't of course, so they won't of course.
Well said Wingco, you sum it all up much better than I, and I sympathise and empathise with those who have honed their professional skills and capabilities over generations of service to have it all junked by this metrosexual CONDEMn government. Shame on them all!