PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Home of Photos in Dunnunda! Mk I
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 08:25
StallsandSpins

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
heres another one of the goose.

Its registration was ZK ENY.Operated at the time by a company called canterbury planes. I was there the day those photos were taken. It had just arrived direct from NZ. It landed and they removed the ferry tanks, installed the seats and then they took a bunch of people for a ride (including myself!) i remember doing some touch and go's out on the bay in it, exciting stuff for a little kid!

The only name i can associate with it was Brett Young an EX RNZAF chap who used to fly regularly at berwick at the time. i beleive the plan was to put it on the register and do joy rides somewhere around the great barrier reef. It stayed a casey briefly then went to moorabbin where it underwent extensive maintenance at schutts. ( i beleive it had a fair bit of corrosion in the hull) and was briefly placed on the australian register as VH ENY. The joyriding plans didnt eventuate and the aircraft was sold off some where in the pacific (or the phillipines??) and left the country. i dont know where it is now.