PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2010, 07:38
Mad_Mark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hear, hear Winco!

I have been reliably informed by someone present at the brief that CAS gave at Kinloss on Wednesday that he stated that he had defended the MRA4 to the end! He said that he had fought the case with the NSC and asked if they were prepared to take the the risk that would arise if Nimrod was cancelled on their own backs, and they said yes. He also stated that he was face-to-face with the PM as late as Saturday morning, 3 days before SDSR was announced, fighting the case for MRA4.

Now, if I have had the brief reported to me correctly, which I have no doubt I have (I trust the integrity of the person that told me more than that of VSO's and politicians) and if CAS was telling the truth ( ) the he really should come out publicly and clearly state that he believes this decision to be wrong. If he has any bollocks and truly did fight the case for MRA4 to the end then he should stand up and let the public know where he stands and that as the CAS he fought to keep this very important capability and that he was overruled by the penny-pinching politicians!!

COME ON CAS - Don't wait until you are retired to speak up, if what you told those at Kinloss was true then have the bollocks to go public now!!

MadMark!!!