PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 17:20
AQAfive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Missing the point

Most seem to be looking at this situation from a practical 'we must have the ac' standpoint. You are dealing with senior civil servants from the treasury who only know their way round a spreadsheet. They have been subjected to BAES and their 'Cost Plus' attitude for the past 14 years and have cried enough! We all know how essential if not vital the ac would be, but that counts for nothing.

Unfortunately, all our senior politicians are just that with no experience in the real world. Until one of them is sat in a dinghy at 20W and finds that there is no ac to find them, will their approach ever change. Unless, of course, someone decides to sail up the Thames with an old cargo vessel and parks next to the House of Commons and lights the blue touch paper. Ooo, never saw that coming.

I'm tempted to say save your breath and typing fingers, said politician will never change his mind, too embarrassing, and remember we are such a small part of society, they will not miss my missing vote. But that would be defeatist so I plan to let my MP know how I feel just to vent my anger and disbelief, I know it wont do anything, but it will make me feel better.