PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan XH 558 Threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 13:40
A2QFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have tried to remain neutral in all aspects of this saga but and I am sure that audited accounts have been published, which I have not looked at. However, can anyone publish an overall figure for what has been paid into the "Fund" since it started; by this I mean the Lottery Heritage Grant, a huge sum put in at the last minute some time ago by a rich and generous industrialist and the tens of thousands of one-off and regular donations Also profits from DVD and souvenir sales - it all adds up.

Apart from this income what other sources are there? Do display organisers contribute something towards the fact that the aircraft took part in their air-show. If they do I wouldn't think it would come close to covering the costs. I am guessing that keeping this fine icon of our aviation heritage is going to continue to be something of a money-pit with outgoings always exceeding income. Somebody please tell me, politley, that I am wrong.

As ever, when discussing salaries, people are decribed as "earning £X thousand a year". In many cases they are not earning it - they are paid it