PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 11:19
Lima Juliet

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts
Jayand

I agree, there is no way the decision will be reversed any time soon - 99.99% never. The RAF need to get on with sorting the mess out for those people left behind from this sorry mess, and that is what I believe Manning is doing right now. The big issue is that because this came as a shock to most people at all levels, as the decision was only finally approved late last week; no forward planning has happened.

I'm still hopeful that we will keep our best people and use them in new areas ( current UORs, increased buy in helos, Project SCAVENGER, etc...). The bad thing for those that thought they would stay at Kinloss for the next 30 years is, it isn't going to happen now. But hey, no one in the RAF is safe from mobility unless they want Preferential Treatment for one tour because of a compassionate case - otherwise it is shape up and ship out to the next posting.

SFO

I hear your points fella, but I'm also hearing all sorts of mini-horror stories that add up to a big mess that I believe MoD finally lost faith in. That is why I believe your new shiny jet was taken away from you. "Throwing good money after bad" comes to mind with little faith that it wouldn't be more and more each year, including the notion that support costs have already spiralled way above the original plan. Sadly, I think the "Cash Cow" has finally been milked dry.

Why is the company still working on it? well here's a conspiracy theory: Seeing as there are believed to be so many issues with the aircraft, maybe the company are trying to rectify them prior to the big meeting with MoD about the "unfit for purpose" debate - or maybe I am just too suspicious?

LJ