PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong vs Singapore living
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 10:47
Get-a-raise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think my friend said it was a F/O position, can't be sure through, since he was vague with the details. I gather he had consider the pay, benefit and seniority issue and is now thinking about the living conditions.

N1 Vibe:I agree the political structure in HK is really skewed to the special interest with mainland connections, but here there is more room for free expressions then in Singapore. That half a million protest would be unimaginable in Singapore, they would have declared martial law and locked them all up, whereas in HK, at least there is a tolerance for it, which is based on legal guarrantees. The independence of the judciary is more respected here then in Singapore. The legal system in Hong Kong has not been used for political persecution as in Singapore. (i.e. The Singapore government is notorious for suing western publications for defamation when they say something slightly negative about them...so much for freedom of speech). Of course, if they do pass Article 23 in HK, all bets are off...