PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford Aviation Acadamy
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 10:11
FlexGate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does it not bother you that you have to risk your mother's house to go through flight training that has no guarantee of a job after completion? You are only 16 and have practically your whole working life available for a career in aviation, so what is the rush? Like a poster said above me, finish your course, work for a few years and save quite a substantial amount of money that can go towards your flight training, where by you do not risk you mother's house as security. The job market is still a little uncertain, despite picking up in recent months. If you really are desperate for a career in aviation at such a young age, then apply for sponsorships or cadet ships when they are offered by the airlines. As some will pay for all of your training, others will pay around half of the cost, some through bonds, etc. This means that you are far more likely to secure employment with them as they would be reluctant not to employ you after investing so much money in your training.

Also, do not forget that the price that these Integrated Courses quote are usually based on minimum or close to minimum hours required for licence issue. It is not unheard of for people to require a few more hours additionally to complete their training which can come to a substantial surcharge.

In my opinion, unless the market for low houred pilots picks up substantially, I would personally go towards the modular route as you can gain the same licences for around around half the cost.