PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 10:10
Mad_Mark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enginesuck, your right about the mra4 continuing to be built.
And why not? We have already paid BAES to do the job so why should they not carry on and do what they have been paid to do, rather than fork out the cost of redundancies to the workforce?

This is one of the most idiotic decisions I have ever seen ANY Government make! Don't they know (weren't they briefed?) that the first Tier 1 item in the National Security Strategy Priority Risks is something that Nimrod has been doing for a long, long time (both over water and over land) and would have been doing in the future??? The 4th Tier 1 item is something that Nimrod has played a big part in the past and would have been ideal for in the future! The same goes for the 2nd and 3rd Tier 2 items! Tier 3, item 1 - trained for that; items 2 & 3 - been there, done that; item 5 - trained for that; item 6 - done that; item 7 - you guessed it, a role for Nimrod!!! Add to all these that we, as a nation, have an international commitment to provide SAR over the North Atlantic out to 30W and that we need to protect our Strategic Nuclear Deterrent from possible foe. Un-f**king-believable decision.

The Kipper Fleet have spent decades building their incredible knowledge (in more fields than purely ASW or even maritime), a knowledge that will be eroded and then lost if the decision is not reversed bloody quickly!

To cancel a project that would fulfil most of the NSS Priority Risks and international SAR commitments, that would be able to protect our 'bombers', that would have been a step-change in capability, that IS already paid for, a capability that will cost s#it load more to bring back (because believe me, we DO need a long range MPA and so at some point we WILL need to pay a s#it load to regain that capability) simply shows that the present Prime Minister and Government are totally incompetent.

MadMark!!!

Thanks to Cameron I am now an EX-lifelong Tory voter!!!