PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EOSID -v- EFP any comments on differences?
Old 22nd Oct 2010, 09:04
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Perhaps I knew more than I thought...???

JT/OS - thank you so much for your responses which show clearly you have a depth of knowledge and grasp on this subject matter far beyond what I can even aspire to at present. I sincerley appreciate your time to share your experience on this subject.

It is also good to finally have two matters cleared for me: 1/ EFP/EOSID etc - same subject, different names (is this done to confuse the newer people to this game, like flap settings for Boeing -v- Airbus!). 2/ that GENERIC EOSIDs are only for the foolhardy and cannot (apart from the most simple airfields) guarantee you can be sure you ain't gonna hit anything with OEI.

My final thought from reading the postings, is that perhaps I knew a little more than I thought. Still a long way to go (and there always will be - whcih is why I love 'performance' so much!) but reading the lack of appreciation for what has to be considered for a fully evalued EFP/EOSID and thinking that the basic obstacle/terrain avoidance in a state/airport issued generic SID will see you okay, is quite alarming.

I just hope a few more can read and join this debate as clearly there is much to be said and learnt from every subject.