PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Hell With The Rules.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2010, 22:31
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Jack Ranga. I'm not complicating things unnecessarily.

I tried looking for a simple answer and found none. It took me Six bloody weeks to get with the knowledge I've already got!

The systems are deliberately made capricious by CASA.

If you want evidence, why did it take me Six weeks and Three interrogations of "knowledgeable persons" to get what I've already got?

- That a kit built LSA is limited to 544kg if registered by the RAA, not withstanding the fact that it was designed for 600Kg and registered at that level elsewhere in the first world?

- As for CASA registration as "Experimental" has anyone pointed me to a concise online source of information? All I get is "it depends", depends on what? Placing $500 in a paper bag?

There is ample evidence of the capricious behaviour of CASA chronicled on Pprune and evidenced in appeal after appeal to the AMT.

To put it another way: no one will go on record, state the requirements and provide guidelines that reduce uncertainty. Not RAA, not SAAA, no one. That tells me all I need to know.

To quote Glen Greenwald from today "There is only one thing worse than bad laws, and that's bad laws that are selectively applied."

That appears to be exactly the situation we face in Australian aviation right now.