PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - To Hell With The Rules.
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2010, 21:36
Creampuff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
According to the article:
This increasingly costly fiasco appears to be almost solely the work of former and present CASA lawyers, supported by a “resistance movement” of officials in airworthiness, flight operations and administration.
I get it: Our big bwave bosses have been wattelled by a wowdy wabble of wascally woyers and webbel workers, for a vewwy wong time.

'I twied vewwy, vewwy hard to pwogwess this pwoject. I even issued some diwectives and held my bweff until my face turned bwue, but some of those scairwee woyers and public servants disagweed wiff me! Those woyers and public servants are vewwy, vewwy scairwee. They used words! [Resumes sucking thumb.]

If the various people who have been nominally in charge of this process over recent decades actually disagreed with the "former and present CASA lawyers" and the "'resistance movement' of officials", but have been too p*ssweak or incompetent to take charge and finish the job despite them, well boo bloody hoo princesses. If they can't find someone with the resolve to act contrary to the advice of lawyers, as well as tell the members of this 'resistance movement' to shut up and do what they're told to do or move aside, where else would you expect to be by now?

If it's true that this increasingly costly fiasco is almost solely the work of former and present CASA lawyers, supported by a “resistance movement” of officials, all it means is that no one has actually been in charge.

The reason regulatory 'reform' has become a perpetual inertia machine is that lots of patsies continue to focus and expend their energy on blaming the wrong people, which is precisely what the people who are actually responsible for this fiasco intend. Lawyers' advice can be ignored; 'resistance movements' can be crushed or by-passed. Ask yourselves this: why hasn't that happened?