PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Wannabes & Recruitment VIII
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2010, 19:34
purelife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Alltheravens!

HAHA LOL, actually I just came back from Al Bannai Building (was visiting a friend) I also live in Al Nahda, and that building is the same as mine... it's nice, 2 bedroom apartment, each own bathroom, visitors bathroom, living and dining room with nice (not old) furniture. Kitchen. Room to hang clothes, etc..
I actually like mine a lot, each building has a pool and a gym in the roof.

Al Nahda is further away from the "city" BUT the apartments are bigger, and we are close to training collage/headquarters/airport, so my point of view: if we just want to go out, we can take the Emirates bus and go!

Hope you have a nice flight! (don't stress about the pre course workbook, they don't even check it here... )

Jessica nickname: jjohns

Hey I imagine your very excited!!! Don't worry about silly questions, there are no silly questions!!!!

I have no idea what area or building is that, sorry..
FORGET the studying..I studied soooo much of the pre course workbook, been here a month now.. do you think they even ask for it?
And they teach you everything you need to know in class, it's A LOT of information in a VERY SHORT period of time..so quit studying and say goodbye to your friends and family with all the time you have left!
Advice: Oh my gosh...I forgot so many things that I really needed, sunglasses, hair dryer, etc... so a tip that I would recomend you to do is do a list of everything you use daily at home so you dont forget it! Trust me, all of my friends forgot stuff they needed back home. lol

You will be given 2500DHS, 2000 are deducted from first two salaries and the 500 are a "gift". Next pay check will be a month later.
$1000 US dollars is very good to bring, more than enough. (obviously depends on the amount of money you spend... be careful with that).

Your question is not silly at all (I also wondered that lol) nope, you do not have to wear buisness attire when you get here, ONLY on the first day of induction, after that you will be wearing training uniform.

Tip: bring pictures of family, friends, etc. Download skype before coming to your computer and make a username etc. It's blocked here and there is no way to install it if you dont have it already.

Best of luck!!!!!!!