PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA flies back into profit
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2002, 07:32
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow Footsoldier! Feel better for getting that off your chest? Good one. FYI, I do actually show a lot of respect for my colleagues. But when members of other pay groups, sensing that pilots have a case for a better rise this year try and 'attach themselves' to the pilots bandwagon, then I'm afraid it needs saying. These groundstaff (of which I would say there are AT LEAST 20,000 SURPLUS heads in BA) have no hold over pilots. Eddington should have had blood flowing through that stream in Waterside (in fact there should not be a Waterside). Move some desks back into TBA or similar, leave the people in Waterside to work for Tesco who should be the natural owners of such a place. Large scale redundancies are the only way to get BA to survive this crisis. As for other groups trying to hitch themselves to pilots for a free pay ride - forget it. Things are developing at the moment- we shall see more in the next couple of weeks. But as far as worrying about you and other suits in your departments that quite possibly would be better subcontracted out, I won't lose any sleep! If you understood airline procedures better, I think you may see the problem with licensing pilots to fly worldwide BA routes. Can't be done to subcontract in I'm afraid.

But I hope you feel better getting that nonsense off your chest!