PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 21st Oct 2010, 16:40
Malakor1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Upcoming test and interview

What an interesting read this has been, and as somebody heading over for and interview and flight screening soon it has proved very informative. As somebody seriously considering this path, I would like to point out my reasons why.

I realise there can be a dislike for cadets, seen as taking the easy ride, but the reality is, a cadetship can offer the opportunity to be a pilot to those who may not be able to afford it. Well, for me this is the case. I would love to do it on my own and take the GA route, but realistically my parents are financially not in a position to help and my financial situation due to events in my life is not at its best so a loan on my part is not possible. My only options are a cadetship or the military.

I was offered a position in the Jetstar course but turned it down due to the fact that I would rather get some prop time under my belt, and would prefer to enter a cadetship with a smaller airline and progress (hopefully) in time to a larger airline on my own terms, as I know a cadetship is not the best thing in the world financially for myself as well as other pilots.

Some of the information on here has been invaluable, and I thank those for it, and hope to work with some of you in the future sometime..

And Shock, sorry to hear that mate, hopefully you will be successful later down the track. As somebody who has been through the flight screening and interview, are you able to shed any light on what is involved, particularly in the flight screening?