PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF 2003 Cadet Pilot Program
View Single Post
Old 17th Aug 2002, 06:06
*Lancer*

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmm... Don't know if you'd call it the Hitlon , but that's about the standard price for the live-in arrangement at Adelaide. It's similar for anyone that chooses to do the flying course there... I'm not saying it's good value of course - but most of the people seem to have a good time!

Regarding the CIR thing: even though you may have a qualification (including theory), you are still required to undertake the lessons and tests involved. If you have a base PPL, you're obviously not going to get in as a level 2 cadet, but will have to re-do all the flying (even S&L)! Practically speaking you might get away with a little less than the whole lot over again, but the intention to 'retrain' is still there... It can be frustrating of course - but thats the way it works! It seems to be a standards and assessment issue. The final marks for theory (either the actual ATPL, or a final set test) are used to determine your ranking at graduation along with your flying results (flying carries more weight). Your ranking then determines your seniority on joining. As such, there's an expectation to attend the theory even if you've already done it, as is that case with the flying itself.

The CIR was permissible until the 2002 intake. I personally know a lot of guys who are now unfortunately ineligible because of the new policy, and it's a bit of a shame. I don't know the absolute reason the policy was changed, but there have been a number of incidences in the past where IR pilots have had difficulty meeting the performance expectations. There have been a few that didn't make it to the job because of this.

Lancer