PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EOSID -v- EFP any comments on differences?
Old 21st Oct 2010, 11:37
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AlexMambo.

thank you very much for your post and being the 1st to respond to this thread. It is really appreciated.

That said, what you have written does not sound right to me. To my knowledge simply following a SID will not ensure you clear obstacles / terrain with one engine out - you might, but you may not also. I thoght the purpose of SID was to simplify departure procedures for crew/ATC alike by giving a std route from the airfield to an airway/routing - although it takes account of MSA it does not (to my knowledge) take account of aircraft performance with 1 engine inop...and even if it did, what aircraft - a 737, 757, A321?

Taking the part of the EOSID, (chart No 10-7 in Jepp manuals, you advise: sorry I don't have those so taking your word) you say these are designed by airport and chart producers (jepp) - my questions is then, how do either of these know 'your' aircraft performance capabilities from your AFM and how do these charts relate to the weight in your RTOW tables/calculations? All our tables give an RTOW that (balanced with variables for temp/altitiude/QNH tec.) consider our climb gradient capability with one engine inop -v- the specifics of the airfield.

Hopefully we can get some more responses and make this an indepth and valuable debate.

Thanks again