PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bristow Intl. Division
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 21:12
TomBola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snarlie,

I think I'd prefer to say that SASless always tells the whole story, but his slant on it reflects his personal perspective and background, as is the case with the vast majority of people.

You appear to have been on the North Sea in the 1980s, so you may remember the TV series, 'A Bit of a Do' with David Jason. It was written by David Nobbs, creator of Reggie Perrin. Over an evolving series it looks at similar themes from the different perspectives of its characters. Lawrence Durrell's Alexandria Quartet tetralogy from an earlier era (1957-1960) illustrates this even more clearly and it seems you and SASless may be looking at the same subject from a different point of view, the same as Durrell did when he continued a tradition that stretches from Friedrich Nietzsche's perspectivism to the deconstructionist's differance. Thus you and SAS may offer the same sequence of events to us through different points of view, but your individual perspectives may have changed over time or due to your differing cultural backgrounds. Sorry-oh, I'll leave anything deeper or more profound to Graculus