PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Electronic Books
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 19:52
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eddy,

Thanks for your comment but do you really think that new technology, like a kindle or an iPad disrupt a passenger's attention more than a book, or a magazine, or a newspaper (that you have given them a few minutes before)?

I accept that there may be a valid reason for not have electronics on, because it could cause interference (although this is subject to debate on other threads) but I don't believe they cause more disruption to passenger's attention.

Let's face it we ignore the briefing because it's boring, tells you to do things that you did some minutes ago (like putting your carryon in the locker and fastening your seat belt - while you are taxing to the active). Some of us have already counted the rows to the exits, checked the safety card and are well prepared. Your briefing is for the once-a-year flyers, not for us.

If you really want us to pay attention, tell a joke; dance in the aisles or do something, anything different from one flight to the next.

I live in Switzerland where we like to make and follow rules, but give me a break, would you really wish to fine your customers, and in some cases your best customers, for standing up before the guy in the pointy end gets around to pushing a button? My goodness.