PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 19:49
GreatBear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aaah, Bearfoil,

Of course "there are dozens of other 'conclusions' available." That is why, I'm sure, no conclusions have been reached by BEA and why a final report would not be easy to write under present circumstances. No need to rant about these other conclusions until the "final" conclusions are reached: then, if these final answers do not resonate with a ring of truth, is the proper time for contention. So far we have seen only "preliminary" data but can be sure that BEA is aware of the sketchiness of some of the published preliminary thinking and of the intense scrutiny and potential criticism of their work by outsiders such as yourself. Patience. Be glad you are not in the hot seat and REQUIRED to reach conclusions, knowing each must be defended.

In a former life I had the pleasure of negotiating across the table from J. Cousteau. He was, indeed, a very savvy and inventive thinker and willing to work outside of the box -- even non-profit operations need cash flow -- and were he with us today, I'm sure he would be contributing in his sometimes gadfly way (as you are) to the solution of this mystery.

GB

N.B. "Gadfly" is a term for people who upset the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions... (src Wikipedia)