PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 19:34
DutchBird-757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CathayBrat. Reading you're applying then for command I would say, expect to be worked like a dog. (not meant negative but you''re gonna be one busy puppy.)

Does it fit in with family life? Hmmm...it depends if you can stand the touring lifestyle and if the misses (and maybe kids) at home can/will put up with you being constantly away or getting loads of changes. Looking forward, it will get a wee bit better due to some changes (in pilots favour) of our schedueling agreement. Giving us more time off after 6 day trip, no rostered single days off. The company looks in good shape, expanding, promotions, new pilots and backing from big brother. Loads are very healthy and although company moral is low, social moral is high. There's no diference between mr.family guy and mr.single guy as far as rostering goes. You can request minimum nightstops if you want that but absolutely no guarantee you will get it. Also loads of charters for next s11 season so no more weekends off I suspect.

Don't expect us to have anything to do with big BA in terms of carreer progression. All you get is a guaranteed interview with BA and that's it. But as atreyu already stated, why would they consider us if they then have to train 2 pilots iso just 1. I know, it's crazy that there's no future for any of us into mainline. Both from a flying as from a financial point of view.