PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EOSID -v- EFP any comments on differences?
Old 20th Oct 2010, 16:10
Ops_Room_Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EOSID -v- EFP any comments on differences?

All.

Looking for help/comments/thoughts from your operators and your experience.
Being relatively new to all things performance, I am curious about EOSID's.
My company use EFP (engine fail procedures) that follow all the requirements of EU-Ops and are integral to our RTOW charts. Our EFP's are supplied by a 3rd party (who also supply our obstacle data and take-off chart software) and are quality checked manually by ourselves internally.
I have now heard, read about EOSID and wonder if this is the same name for what we call EFP? From all I have read the criteria seems the same (ref CAAP 235-4(0)) and our EFPs also cover engine fail after the point where the EFP and SID seperate.

We are also considering other suppliers for aircraft charts and I have noted though that some of these products contain EOSID pages along with SID/STAR etc. I have (remmeber I am new) always considered the data/information in the charts 'generic' (derived from state/AIP) and each supplier just has different formats/quality of presenting it. It therefore seemed odd to me that they contained EOSID procedures, which if they are the same as our EFP's, are particular to our aircraft performance and also, to a degree, our SOP's and preferences and therefore NOT generic at all. Of course some EFP's (EOSID's???) will be quite simple at airfields that present no real challenge on climb gradient, terrain/obstacles etc. but many will.

Can I ask for any comments/guidance on if there is a difference and if any operators buy such a thing as 'generic' EOSID procedures?

ORJ