PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 15:14
VillWill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MCDU2 - i never had any problem with the safety of the EI fleet (in regard to your over zealous pre-flight routine), i was questioning whether it was ok to board passengers without the flight crew being onboard as i thought it might be a EU/EASA directive but alas i was wrong as Alt Crz Green was kind enough to inform me, the senior cabin member has the authority to evacuate the aircraft. But thanks for the info on outstation report times and such.

Alt Crz Green - thanks for the insight into the pre-flight rumblings of EI flight crew, it would be reasonable to expect that FR would have a much more streamlined policy when it comes to CC and flight crew briefings. As for the looking bad part, i just thought it looked slightly unprofessional although i see now that it may not always be down to the flight crew and is more often just EI's awkwardness that causes it. Having worked around the airport for many years and seeing this nearly every morning especially around the non-airbridge stands (eg 36R & 36L) i just thought it looked, from a passenger point of view, as if the pilots were late getting to the aircraft.

Dollarbill - i have really only seen this during early morning departures and so the flight crew would be on the first duty of the day and not coming from another aircraft.