PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airborne Aviation flight training
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 14:14
Nadsy

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TIFs... In my opinion

I know it sounds like a lot of $$ early on, but why not do a TIF with both the above mentioned schools if Camden is your chosen location? It's a rare treat to have choice in this wide-spread country, and when you're planning to spending $30K to $40K (at least in the good ol' days), not a bad idea to spend a couple of hundred bucks to compare schools, and get some piece of mind. TIF's can be some of the most (edit: stress free flying) fun you can ever have.

I can't speak for Airborne, but I've done some flying with Curtis (FIR & ME-CIR), and when the flying school I flew for closed down, I recommended Curtis to my students.

In many cases, the specific instructor you get (irrespective of school) can make or break your experience, but with a CPL (as opposed to PPL and/or RA-Aus), having experienced career instructors who push you out of your comfort zone (as much as I hated it) can be a positive.

Hope this helps mate... and all the best!

Nads.

Last edited by Nadsy; 20th Oct 2010 at 14:19. Reason: clarrification of why TIFs can be alot of fun