PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 12:47
Atreyu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"I've applied cos I have no choice in the current climate but being married with 2 kids and living in London, I need to earn a pre tax salary of £37,000 to break even and that doesn't include holidays. Passion has it's limits, it's clearly not a career airline"

Good luck with £26,000 for year one...

"Actually think it's a bad job for someone made redundant, CF should be selective and pick people who actually want the job and wont moan and leave for mainline at the first opportunity."

Two things wrong with that statement, not many people are really going to WANT to work at BACF, and even if they do, they won't after a year.

Secondly, working for this 'wholly owned subsidiary', there is virtually no chance of getting into mainline direct from CF and why would they? Pay for a CF pilots rating on an Airbus, only to recruit someone to fly the EMB at LCY? Recruitment of one CF pilot will invariably lead to recruiting two pilots, one to mainline, one to CF, hardly cost effective?

Like Mr.DB757 says, it's not all bad and always very subjective. My two cents? If you're in a stable flying job, wait it out until the bigger better airlines recruit, if your needing a job, get your app in.

Ta

Atreyu