PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 12:31
DutchBird-757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is a business first and foremost, and although the salaries do not reflect market rate, it is important to consider the financial position the country has found itself in, and the fact that many other airlines have fallen by the wayside and will continue to do so. Maybe the rewards will come in time.

Finally, someone compared us to footballers and lawyers, whilst lawyers may love their trade, I'm pretty sure it's bloody hard work most of the time, with moments of joy few and far between. Footballers are playing a game they love - not my idea of work at all. We on the other hand, 5 mins into a flight break thru the cloud, into the blue open sky - that is a moment of joy, and the harder you work, the more often it happens.....
I agree. The company itself says that it's not a career airline. Fair enough. At least it's honest. But having worked for two other airlines, one who went bust and another one that's making a loss and cutting services, I can fairly say that having job security and big BA behind you makes me sleep a whole lot better at night. And now add Hamburgh International to the list of 'once upon a time there was...' airlines.

For f/o's it's currently mostly 3 day tours. But cpt's regularly 5 to 6 days away. Having only a dozen destinations limits the variety a bit. They are always the same trips but mixed in a different order. But with the CPH, ARN and the upcoming new destinations, it makes it all a bit more interesting. Mind you, those MAD/CPH en future ARN trips are really nice though. At least they are not minimum rest jobs and you actually have an afternoon+evening/morning off to explore the city.

If you want to have time off at home (minimal touring and weekends off) and make a really descent wage, this is not the place to be. And next years programm is gonna be even more busy.

As others stated before. You'll fly with really nice folk (c/c & f/d), into an interesting airport on a daily basis and on a great jet. We're expending and have job security and good schedueling agreement. Plus some nice perks on the side. (staff travel)

On the other hand. The money is crap, crew food goes downhill, no vouchers anymore in hotels like we used to have and lot's of time away from home, now including weekends.

Take your pick and see what fits you. I would however recommend this airline, but it all comes down to what's important to yourself. These are just facts.