PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Cityflyer Recruiting
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 10:18
justanotherstat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do they gain from it that others like FlyBe don't?
The answer to this is fairly simple in that it means they do not have to have multiple bases. Cityflyer is predominately a business airline with London City as it's focus interconnecting other business centres. The reason for the touring is to enable them to operate into LCY first thing and back out last thing which enables their customer base flexibility with meetings etc.

it's clearly not a career airline
Maybe you would like to quantify this statement??? I don't work for the aforementioned, but instead a turboprop operator who pays less. I don't think you can define career airlines by their starting salaries?

It is a business first and foremost, and although the salaries do not reflect market rate, it is important to consider the financial position the country has found itself in, and the fact that many other airlines have fallen by the wayside and will continue to do so. Maybe the rewards will come in time.

Finally, someone compared us to footballers and lawyers, whilst lawyers may love their trade, I'm pretty sure it's bloody hard work most of the time, with moments of joy few and far between. Footballers are playing a game they love - not my idea of work at all. We on the other hand, 5 mins into a flight break thru the cloud, into the blue open sky - that is a moment of joy, and the harder you work, the more often it happens.....