PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions III
Old 20th Oct 2010, 09:27
keel beam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Juan Tugoh

what yet remains to be seen is what UNITE/BASSA are willing to give up in order to "buy" full return of ST.
Full return of staff travel would be expensive - I would suggest a no strike clause? (expensive enough?)

And I thought I'd copy this in from the CC forum (one I prepared earlier)

Although this has not been mentioned recently, just a thought (and relevant please note Mods)

I saw a BBC Question Time programme recently and one of the hot subjects was Public Spending cuts. Near the end of the programme a London Firefighter (cannot remember the borough) stated that they had been given 90 days notice. Their job would no longer exist in its' present form after the 90 days. Obviously the new contract offered was less desirable than the current contract and saves the borough money.

So fast forward to this current Cabin Crew dispute. Many prophesies of CC being given the 90 day notice have not arisen in fact. I put it to you though, that if it is accepted the company will not give the 90 day notice, on CC that struck, for accepting the MF contract (which I personally would find unfair to said crew) there is no reason why the company cannot invoke the 90 day notice for the striking BASSA crew to accept the contract that has been accepted by non striking, non union crew. This I would find as a fair solution to the dispute.

And before you shoot me down in flames, this dispute is at an impasse. I am certain the company do not really want it to drag on much longer. As much as the striking crew have made their point it is time to put up or shut up and move out.

If you are so venomous in your comments against the company then why are you still working for them? The answer I come up with is money for old rope! The easy life etc. etc.
The above, of course, is IMO