PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 06:17
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My sincerest sympathies to everyone at ISK. This news must be devastating for everyone irrespective of rank, trade or branch. Whilst I am not comp-letely surprised, I am, still very saddened at the news.

Whilst I understand that their airships (apparantly) were fighting to keep MRA4 right up until the last minute, the fact remains that they failed to convince the government! And frankly, that is a serious failure on their part.

If they, as military top military men were unable to convince a bunch of non-military people that an MPA is essential to an island nation, then one has to question the ability of them. How would they convince the ploticians in a time of war? (or maybe they don't anymore? Hence why we have had idiots like Bumbling Bob Ainsworth running things)

If I were CAS, ACAS, AOC or whoever, then I would stand up publicly and declare that this one decision alone was a grave mistake and I would publicly resign. That will show the public, the boys and girls left in the RAF and more importantly the British public, that this decision was wholly wrong and needs reversing.

So, over to you CAS. What are you going to do about it? Are you going to make a name for yourself within the RAF and Britain? Or are you going to wait until you have retired, got your position on the board of BWOS secured and then spout off in a few years time about how you didn't agree with the cuts? Whats it to be Sir?

The Winco