PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliding.... waste of time or good news??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2001, 13:57
ickle black box

Cool

landedoutagain,

Thanx for the flight offer, I actually live in the UK anyway, (Just did the PPL in Florida). I've done all my gliding at Cambridge, especially when I was a student, and the rates were low. I've got a x country endorsement, and 2/3 of Silver C. I went to OBA in FL to do the PPL 2 years ago, then went back there last year to build hours in a C150 and Warrior. I might get back into the gliding this year, but at the moment are saving my money for more power time, in FL. With the PPL being an official qualification, if I make a hole in the ground, it's my responsibility. In gliding, because of the self regulation of it, the clubs and instructors continue to hold a share of responsibilty, for the pilot, and can be restrictive as a result i.e. I may have a x country endorsement, but must have permission from the duty instructor, before going x country. This has then led to disputes between the instructors, one says go, the other says don't. I've just been to OASC at Cranwell, and are praying for a 'Yes' letter from the RAF, after applying for Pilot/Nav.

ickle