PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR - The alternative view...
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2010, 00:36
ShortFatOne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LJ

"Ditching the lame duck, and from what I hear, questionably safety audited MRA4."

There was no question about the safety audit process, it was carried out with due diligence and some issues were raised. These issues were being worked to an agreed resolution (they actually accrued to a less than 10 minus 15 event but the project decided they should be looked at anyway) in line with current MAA advice and in the spirit of post-HC guidance. The project was trying to do the right thing. If we (MRA4) have been sacrificed for 'doing the right thing' then there is no point in continuing. I would much prefer to end my RAF career doing the right thing, rather than continuing to 'make do' and hoping I won't get caught out.

P.S

The B Word

How many times are you allowed to fire up that big 'ol AEW radar (with a martime mode that is as subtle as "F&*K me, there's a contact on the surface") dish in peacetime?

As a recently made redundant maritime puke of 20 years, if you f^&k3rs could have done our job, we would have been out of business years ago.

It's arseh*les like you who get promoted and end up making ****e policy decisions that have no basis in anything other than your own, selfish interests.

Last edited by ShortFatOne; 20th Oct 2010 at 00:50.