PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nimrod MRA.4
Thread: Nimrod MRA.4
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 22:08
RumPunch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alber,

In the last few years I have worked with them guys, many of whom had the pain of the AEW3 project. So many experienced engineers its a huge loss for the UK aircraft industry. I just so sad this is the way it has ended. My memories from Woodford way back in 93 to recent I shall never forget my time with some of the best engineers the United Kingdom has produced in building aircraft. The 146 probably for many the most succesful but these guys who were at Woodford were in full stride and worked endless hours to deliver what they could, they are the ones that tonight are at a loss and It for me has been the biggest pleasure working beside them, they gave us everything. I for one will end my career now on this project but Woodford gave me one last smile of what we can do as British. For that I shall always have and nobody can take that away.

Thank you for giving us RAF engineers something to remember, you guys have no idea what impression you have left at RAF Kinloss and I hope in the next few weeks we shall be allowed to come back down and thank you all for everything.