PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 21:21
Lonewolf_50

Received 400 Likes on 248 Posts
I expect a whack to the head for this question, but here goes:

What motive does BEA, Air France, France, Brazil, and the Brazillian and French navies, have to expend X amount of funds (available through what funding stream?) to reopen the search for the sources of the answers to what happened? (I refer to FDR & CVR).

ICAO treaty and agreements, and altruism, considered here. The cost benefit of needle in haystack searching in the current political environment of how everyone's operating in the red must be compared to what else competes for the scarce dollar/franc/euro whatever.

Me, I'd love to see the search reopened, and I'd love to see the exotic sonar tech find that needle in Davy Jones' haystack. I want to know, even if it means that a few of the theories floating about are either affirmed, or something else is discovered.

A purely objective analysis of the odds of finding what they seek strikes me as dismal in the extreme.

Related to this is a question I am utterly ignorant of: whose funds pay for the costs of the search and discovery requirement under the ICAO agreements?