PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier Pilot attacks Prime Minister on cuts
Old 19th Oct 2010, 20:14
Scruffy Fanny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Support

Good to see some support for a gutsy RN pilot. The SHARs i believe are mostly stored at RAF Shawbury. The Indians wanted to buy them but then backed out- perhaps as they were able to fire AMMRAM the US blocked the deal. Some of the SHARs were only a few years old and actually pretty good machines. I think a lot of people miss the point- sure its a tough world outside but this guy has just been kicked in the teeth after giving his all. I guess hes 40+ so getting a job in the airlines will be a non starter or slim. It begs belief that this country Brown, labour , Blair DC who ever have pissed away our taxes. How many people thought Nimrod MR4 was a good idea- rebuilding a Comet- Holy SH1T we all knew it would be a sure way to loose Billions. If BAE think the MR4 is great lets see if they use their own money complete the programme and find a buyer for them.
Its time we all stopped being very British and polite and say actually NO- ask the questions WHY has the budget for benefits become the biggest slice ofthe cake. Funny as well how the person who started this thread when asked what he'd ever done said ...lots and now seems to have gone very quite. Myself i raise a glass to Lt Cdr Ward and wish him all the best