PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harrier Pilot attacks Prime Minister on cuts
Old 19th Oct 2010, 16:53
Scruffy Fanny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The UK is screwed

The trouble is the UK is totally screwed- 20 years ago say 1990 we had half an air force- 30 years ago 1980 we had bloody hundreds of Jags, Buccs, Hunters, Ltgs, F4s and a superb support force with C130,s Choppers galore and a maritime fleet that was second to non. Now we have bugger all having just had a decade 1996-2006 of boom. So why cant we now afford an armed easy because we have a country where half the people dont work- case in example woman opposite me - east european, been here 5 years never worked costs at best guess £2500 a month in benefits inc housing. So that means a person earning £2000 a month pays £400 tax so it takes 6 people to support 1 free loader- THATS WHY WE CANT AFFORD AN ARMED FORCES!! . Thats why i take my hat off to Lt Cdr Ward who had the balls to speak up to the PM. The guy who thinks the Typhoon is in Afghanistan. The PM was the man who said we had too many MPs - so has he cut any- NO. Frankly we need to have a military Coup and people like Son Of Sharky get my vote!!