PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filming at airports
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 15:52
EMA747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ConstantFlyer - I see what you are saying but I really want to do things above board with the hope of making films in the future that I can sell.

I assume flying purely for pleasure while using viewing places/public access stops is totally fine? ie like when photographing for airliners.net Are you allowed to sell films made from public property?

The other options I thought of are:

1) Film at an airport in another country if their rules/prices are easier. I quite like the idea of making a film about all the small airfields in spectacular places in Norway.

2) Making a film at some aircraft maintenance facility. A kind of behind the scenes film that would hopefully appeal to aircraft enthusiasts. Justplanes and other have airport DVDs but there doesn't seem to be anything about maintenance side of things.

3) Try and convince a small "bush" type flying company to let me film then. ie some of the Canadian bush or floatplane type operators. I could then try and get them to let me sell the DVD as well as allowing them to use them for publicity of their airline.

Basically I am trying to get a foot in the door and something I can build on in the future.