PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 14:02
beeps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having operated a number of times out of Delhi, in my experience it has always been that when the rwy in use is 27 and we are too heavy, as is usually the case since operating long hauls primarily, a simple request for 29 at the time of requesting clearance, has never been denied and have not heard other long haul carriers being denied either. Sometimes a delayed expected airborne time is given as it is primarily the arrival runway. And in my i have always been given a radar departure by the ATC with a level clearance to normally 2600 ft. or higher.
If one is unhappy about the level clearance it should not be accepted as ultimately the safe operation of flight is determined by the crew.

Toptup:
Your unhappiness with AI and the indian dgca is heard loud and clear by everyone thru your 200 odd posts. In this particular case the incident if not reported was detected during FOQA analysis and the crew suitably counselled as would be the case in any company. So if you devote some time in your life to things other than AI bashing, maybe you would be a happier. Your test question is like you said answerable by a cpl holder with IR and stuff and you could post it in the Tech Log if you need it answered for yourself. U call ALL AI pilots aggressive but you seem to full of it to realise how repititive and condescending some of your comments are.