PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filming at airports
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 11:57
EMA747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info.

When you say hefty fee what sort of price are we talking?

At the moment I would be doing it as purely a hobby production. It would be a good way to gain some technical experience as I am a photographer really but I can't seem to find a commercial opening for photography and think video might have more commercial potential with enthusiast type DVDs and work for airlines/airports etc. It would also get experience of dealing with people at airports etc and also have a film to show other interested people as no one is going to buy anything without an example of my work. I doubt the current enthusiast DVD producers take on people really so I will almost certainly have to go it alone.

So the likes of these guys justplanes.com would have to pay the airports a large fee then? How about the airlines? I imagine attracting an airline to allow you to film then would be quite hard as new production company? I would love to work of someone like JustPlanes but I doubt they ever really take people on. It is my long-term dream to have a production company that produces these type of DVDs (as well as other things).