PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EU Pilot certification rules
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 11:18
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys some of the posts completely miss the original point here.

Currently, you can fly an EASA reg on an EASA (only) licence in the US as a US resident, and you can fly a US reg on a US (only) licence in EASA land as an EASA land resident. EASA are trying to change the latter part of that which I feel nobody in their right mind could reasonably support. there is no one sided arrangement on the particular issue being challenged by the proposed legislation

Koi's stance seems to be a fundamental objection to US citizens working in EASA land, but need to realise urgently that to challenge that the way is through immigration policy not Flight Crew Licensing policy that will penilise countless EASA land citizens to the extent that they will probably loose their livlihoods. Personally and having found some of the remarks overtly racist I'd say that better still would be to just go away, but thats just my two cents.

I also found Teddy Robinson's comments a bit hard to take. I did a JAA licence first and then an FAA, most of my work is now derived from the FAA. I don't see how I could hold it against the guys who went the direct FAA route, effectively saving themselves time and money just because their research was better than mine!

The important point of note is that this is now merely shelved until December and it is therefore vital as an industry to keep up the pressure on the authorities to drop these ludicrous proposals.