PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Owners looking for SFH's / SFH's looking for Aircraft...
Old 19th Oct 2010, 09:22
Aucky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Owners looking for SFH's / SFH's looking for Aircraft...

Hi Guys,

I know that there are many private owners who are regular PPRuners, and also many hopeful/potential owners too. I'm wondering if there would be any benefit to developing a SFH database (most likely website format) where owners can opt to list their aircraft, aircraft details (model, age, hours, photos), insurance requirements, any personal stipulations, location (vague if preferred), rate for SFH, minimum daily/weekend hours usage, contact details etc... you get the picture.

I also read of people looking to buy into a syndicate, so a way of networking these people or advertising for shares in aircraft may also be an option?

I see that there are enough people out there who simply want to keep their helicopter to them selves and sleep easy which is great if affordable, and there are enough people who want to flog their aircraft for max training usage which is also their decision, but do most people sit in the middle, and desire some additional revenue generating usage but only from people of a chosen experience level and with the correct attitude?

From the hirers point of view would it not be great to be able to search a database for aircraft in a given location, at the correct specification and rate.

Just putting it out there as a feeler as it's obviously only worth while if the numbers are reasonable to give a good spread of the country, if the numbers were right I'd be happy to investigate the possibilities for the benefit of fellow owners and pilots

Aucky

(I hope this is not seen as advertising but rather looking for advice from a niche group with a common interest at heart)