PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Landing Dist Proc for G+Y...How ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 07:53
rudderrudderrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Ikan,

Yes - I'm afraid the sim ECAM says the same and crews are still tempted to apply an additional factor for Direct Law, by following ECAM "logic."

However it does say in FCOM 3.2.80. Use of the (Landing Distance) Tables "Only combine PRIMARY or SINGLE failures."

But later it confuses some by saying "Multiply the applicable LDG DIST factors together, unless all values are marked with an asterisk (*). If all values are marked with an asterisk, use the highest LDG DIST factor. Multiply it by the additional factor, if any (Refer to QRH 2.31)." and QRH 2.31 says "Direct Law = 1.35* "

So I fully understand how your confusion arises from data presented in this way.

However the Loss of 2 Hyds Check List knows you'll be in direct Law when the gear is lowered and the Landing Distance Factor has taken account of this. My logic in post #12 was that all the factors that can affect Landing distance are mentioned in that QRH procedure. You have already applied Vref + 25, so the Direct Law request for Vref + 10 is already covered.