PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - meniere's disese ???
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2010, 07:42
Uncle Wiggily

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leonard the Dog: I am sorry to hear this! Get it checked out ASAP. This is a medical emergency. The doctor will most likely prescribe a drug called Betaserc. This will help. You may also get a few steroid shots which also help. The quicker you start treatment the more of a chance you have for recovery. I also had a friend with Meneire's disease and he believed swimming really helped him out.

I thought I had this disease when in fact I had something called SSHL (sudden hearing loss). I was hospitalized for 2 weeks and it took me about 4 months to recover. I still have a little bit of Tinnitus, but I can pass the Class 1 medical without worries. I am lucky. Many do not make a full recovery. When I had this occur, the doctor said my recovery was due to the fact that I sought treatment and received steroid shots with in 24 hours of my deafness. After 24 hours, the chances of a full recovery drop exponentially.

Don't expect to get your medical back right after you recover. You can do it, but it will take time and patience.