PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - best flying school to enroll in the philippines
Old 18th Oct 2010, 22:55
gravity9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just wanted to tell you guys my experience with Philippines

I joined Visayas Aerospace College and Technology, owned by Orson Bahinting in Iloilo. This school took 50% of the fees as advance from us before coming to Philippines. When our batch of 9 students arrived in Philippines, we learnt that the pictures shown of the fleet were fake. The school did not own any planes. This was in Jan 2007.

By Nov 2007 there was still no planes, so the students refused to pay the remaining 50% to the school unless we atleast started flying.

Instructors changed and hardly 1-2 flights a week, sometimes no flights for a month or so. Then the school takes another batch of students from India who arrive without knowing the conditions there. The school got a 172 for the second batch to fly.

By Nov 2009, after 2 years, the most that any student had actually flow was around 50-70 hours. Most of them padded their way and transferred to a school in Manila. Padded and got their CPL's made.

The owner forced the Indian students to go back to India, most of us lost a lot of money. We never spoke about it, but guess what they have taken new students in Iloilo.... more victims waiting to be taken..

Also the school in Dumagette, Philippine PIlot something, forgot owned by Dan Bahinting. They shut down, students lost money, instructors i know who worked there were grounded and he reopened the school with a new name...

Btw AAI in Bacalod is a pretty good school from what i have seen when i visited them and they have ground schooling in India too. Omni too is highly recommended