PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR through Belgium - Military airspace/danger zones
Old 18th Oct 2010, 20:52
linzhiming

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Again, many thanks for the quick replies!

The route that I am planning to take is:

LYD-LEQ-EBSG-GSY-SANKTVITH-TAU

Depending on weather (I do not have an IR rating), FL75 or obviously much much lower, this means that I will need to transit Lille TMA and Charleroi TMA (if below FL55) but will avoid Brussels TMA altogether. I also need to watch out for EB D-26 on the way.

I am not too concerned about Lille Lesquin as it is not a terribly busy airport and I have had very good experiences transitting controlled airspace in France, based on the feedback I received I hope that transitting Charleroi airspace should be fine too. The 'plan B' deviation would be to route south of the control zone at a lower altitude but keeping a close watch on avoiding EB R-06B.

Alternatively, what do you think about routing LEQ-CIV-SPI-TAU? This would take me through the Brussels TMA but I cannot imagine too much traffic at low levels, especially given that my route will still be quite far away EBBR.

For those who asked, I am planning to fly to Mainz/Finthen (EDFZ), I used to do a lot of flying around Frankfurt/Egelsbach (EDFE).

Regards,

Wolfgang