PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2010, 19:27
willisstorm4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Eye surgery

I have searched this thread for people who have been in the same situation but I didn't manage to find anyone. So, I just wondered if anyone has undergone wavefront lasik surgery and where they had the surgery done. I am slightly short sighted but means I need glasses or contacts for everyday tasks like driving, TV, work etc and after 10 years I have kind of had enough of them.

I have recently completed my frozen ATPL so I have had a class 1 medical for a number of years although I am not employed as a pilot just yet, I just work at the airport. I figure now would be the best time to get the surgery done as the CAA insist you cant fly for a minimum of 3 months after lasik surgery so if I was to be in an airline job I would have to take time out which wouldn't be feasible with most employers. I just wondered if it would be best to get my medical done (as it expires in November) then have the surgery or get the surgery done, wait 3 months and then get my medical. Any factual advise rather than speculation from anyone who had been in the same situation would be great.

Thanks